Third Study on Healthy Lifestyle Habits and Wellness in Women. 2016
We have carried out a study and here is the real situation of women's health care
The percentage of women who consider that they have healthy lifestyle habits increases, but still does not reach 30%.
About the study
The research was based on an online questionnaire of a sample of 3,000 Spanish women with and without children, between 18 and 65, and from all regions.
The study is divided into six big sections: perception of wellness, healthy habits, medical checkups, diet, physical activity and rest. In each one, as well as analysing the actual healthy habits of participants, we also looked at how much they knew about healthy habits.
A collaboration of DKV and Rey Juan Carlos University to study and teach you about the reality of health care for women.
- Only 3% of Spanish women reach an excellent level of healthy lifestyle habits.
- The study from the DKV Institute introduces a new “Healthy Lifestyle Index" that aims to analyse the recommended healthy lifestyle habits model.
- The percentage of women who consider that they have healthy lifestyle habits increases, but still does not reach 30%.
- 77% of Spanish women state that they feel more satisfied in their personal than in their professional lives.
- The percentage of women who are aware that they should have an annual medical check-up increases, as well as the number of women who say they have had it. However, this last group does not exceed 50%.