Legal Notice - Cookies
Cookies policy and management
By browsing through our website, we may be obtaining personal data from the cookies, regardless of whether you are a DKV client.
Cookies are small files that are downloaded onto your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device containing information, whenever you access certain websites. They permit the website owner to store and recover data on the browsing habits of users or their equipment.
All the cookies of all our users help us improve the quality of our website, allowing us to control which webpages are useful, which are not and which can be improved.
Cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the internet, and provide many advantages regarding interactive services by improving the browsing experience and the usability of the website. Cookies cannot harm your device. On the other hand, when they are activated, they help us identify and resolve issues.
Cookies are also used in the access to the private customer area. They do not contain personal information. In order to register or access the private customer area. Cookies must be enabled in your browser for our websites.
The statistical analysis of our website is carried out anonymously, in such a way that it cannot be linked to a specific user.
Own and third-party cookies
At DKV, we use proprietary and third-party cookies. Own cookies are those sent to your device from our own equipment or domains and from where we provide the service you request. Third-party cookies are those sent to your device from a domain or equipment not managed by us, and which is managed by another collaborator, such as those used by social networks.
Session and persistent cookies
According to the storage date. Session cookies are temporary, when the session closes, the cookie is permanently lost from this point on and is never registered in the hard disk. Persistent cookies enable us to analyse website traffic patterns; this allows us in the long term to provide a better user experience, improving the content and ease of use.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These are necessary for browsing and the proper functioning of our website. For example, they make it possible to control traffic and data communication, authenticate users, avoid a fraudulent use of credentials when logging in and protect the data of users before non-authorised third parties, access restricted areas, use security features, store content to be able to broadcast videos or share content via social networks
- Customisation cookies: These enable the user to access the service with predefined characteristics based on a set of criteria, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, etc.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow those responsible to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the website's users. They enable us to count the number of users and therefore measure and statistically analyse the use made by users of the services. As a result, we are able to improve the product and service offering
- Browser cookies store information about user behaviour users, obtained through continuous observation. They help us learn about your web browsing habits and display advertising related to your browsing profile. DKV uses Google Analytics navigation cookies on all of its websites, and Google Adwords cookies on some of its pages too
As regards third-party cookies, Google Chrome is our main source of cookies, and we also have cookies for mainly advertising purposes from Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Doubleclick, Hotjar and Google Adwords. You can check on these providers' corporate websites the type of cookies used and their purpose in further detail.
We also use Google Analytics to process mainly analytical and browsing cookies, so the applications are easier to use. Google Analytics is a free service provided by Google from which we obtain information about our visits, their duration, origin, etc. The configuration of these cookies is preset by Google, and therefore we suggest you consult the Google Analytics "Privacy and conditions" section to obtain further information on this type of cookies and how to disable them at this link: https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
We maintain persistent cookies for a reasonable time and according to their purpose; DKV's general policy is for a maximum of 2 years.
Consent and withdrawal of consent of cookies
By accepting this policy once it has been presented or after having browsed the webpages of third-party providers, if you decide to continue with your visit to this website we will consider that you have given us permission.
If you later decide to revoke the consent, you can set your browser to reject cookies as well as to delete your history in order to remove those already installed.
If you reject the installation of cookies on your browser, it may mean that you will not be able to access some of the services on our website or it may not function properly, although you will be able to use most of our website's functions.
Most browsers now allow users to configure whether they wish to accept cookies and which ones.
Here are the instructions to configure cookies in the major browsers:
- Chrome: Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy > Content settings. For more information please refer to Google support or your browser's help page.
- Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> History> Custom Settings. For more information, please refer to Mozilla Support or the browser's Help page.
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet options > Privacy > Settings. For more information please refer to Microsoft support or your browser's help page.
- Safari> Preferences, click on Privacy
From the configuration tab of some of the aforementioned browsers you can also request not to be tracked when visiting different websites, thus, by default, you will not have to delete cookies every so often.
Regarding the previous explanation about third-party cookies, for your peace of mind, when Google Analytics collects personal data such as your gender, date of birth or postal code, it does so anonymously and you cannot be identified as a person. The data cannot be matched to your personal details, i.e. name, address or insurance policy number. In addition, it does not process your IP, it simply stores it in abbreviated form. The data collected is stored by Google always within the European Economic Area.