Complaints and claims
How to process them
All Group companies offer you a common customer service area to listen to and resolve your complaints or claims.
In DKV, were are really interested in any cases where our clients inform us that the Company has not met its service expectations. For this reason, we consider each complaint as an opportunity to improve the quality of service offered to the client, which is a priority for us.
Therefore, with an aim to protect and ensure our clients' rights, we endeavour to respond in the most efficient and timely way possibly, aiming to ensure that the process does not take any longer than what is strictly necessary.
After receiving the complaint through the Company, the portfolio manager will confirm receipt, just in case s/he cannot give an immediate response. If, owing to the complex nature of the matter, it will take a long time to respond to the complaint, a second confirmation will be sent to inform the client of the state of the process.
Finally, once all of the necessary information has been gathered, both from the complaining party and the various departments of the Company, the corresponding response will be sent.
Although the legal period to resolve the matter is two months from the time of receiving the complaint, in DKV Seguros we aim to communicate our response in less than 15 days.
If, within a period of two months, no resolution has been issued, or it has been issued but the insured person is not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact:
"Comisionado para la Defensa del Asegurado y del Partícipe en Planes de Pensiones"
Paseo de la Castellana, 44 28046 – Madrid
All information regarding complaints and claims is analysed and researched by our Customer Defence Service, with the remit to measure and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of how the process is managed across the whole company: branches, call centres and central services.
We will respond within a maximum of two months from its initial presentation.
Additionally, to reflect the view of the client, we analyse these complaints and claims according to their nature or risk, and we carry out continuous monitoring of the client's opinion.
How to file an official claim or complaint
To file a claim, you can use any of these channels:Through a form you'll find on the Clients' Area
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post to: Torre DKV. Avda. María Zambrano, 31 - 50018 - Zaragoza.
- Going to any of our branches.
Information required for processing
- Name, surname(s), ID number, address of the interested party and, where applicable, of the person representing him or her, duly accredited.
- Policy number to which the claim relates.
- Reason for the claim or complaint, providing a clear description of the incident and including documentary evidence.
- Specify the branch, department or service where the matters at issue took place with regard to the complaint or claim.
- Place, date and signature of the complainant.
If the complaint or claim is being processed before administrative, arbitration or judicial bodies, its admission for processing may be rejected.
- 2,294 complaints and 2,149 claims were processed, with an average response time of 8 days.
- 61% of case files were resolved in a maximum of 5 days.
- 34% received a reply within 6 - 30 days.
- Only 6% of cases took longer than 30 days to resolve.
The procedures for resolving complaints and claims put forward by customers of financial entities are regulated by Act 44/2002, of 22 November, on Measures to Reform the Financial System, and by Order ECO/734/2004, of 11 March, on customer services and the financial consumer ombudsman, as well as by all other legal provisions that complement or modify the above.