Multiple childbirth grant
This is a grant that members receive in the event of multiple childbirth, adoption or fostering
It is a grant, in the form of a lump-sum payment, which members are entitled to in the event of multiple childbirth, adoption or fostering, as established by law. It is compatible with the lump-sum grant for multiple childbirth or adoption which is available to members and beneficiaries of the MUFACE healthcare system.
The grant is regulated by article 29 of the State Civil Servants Social Security Act and by articles 120 to 128 of the General Regulation of Mutual Societies of the Administrations
Here, we will go over the following matters:
- Situations which give rise to the right to receive the grant
- Beneficiaries of the grant
- Amount of the benefit
- Annual contribution base amounts
- Term of presentation
- Place of presentation
The following situations give rise to the right to receive the multiple childbirth grant:
- When at least two children are born together in the same childbirth.
- When at least two minors are adopted or taken into foster care at the same time, either on a pre-adoption or permanent basis, provided that the circumstances set out in article 30.3 of the Measures for Reform of the Civil Service Act are met
Where childbirth is the situation giving rise to the right to receive the grant, this situation is applicable from the date of birth. In the case of adoption, the date from which the situation applies is that of the court decision through which the adoption arrangement is established. In the case of fostering, either on a pre-adoption or permanent basis, this date is that of the administrative or court decision through which the fostering arrangement is established.
In the case of childbirth, both the mother and the father can be the beneficiary, as chosen by the mother, provided that both parents are mutual society members and have made contributions to MUFACE for at least six months prior to the childbirth.
In cases of multiple adoption or fostering, both of the adopting or foster parents together are free to choose the beneficiary of the grant for multiple childbirth
In both cases, the beneficiary must be expressly chosen and declared when one of the parents is a MUFACE member and the other has the right to receive the grant through another public Social Security scheme
In the cases set out in article 121.4 of the Regulation of Mutual Societies of the Administrations, the father, adopting parent or foster parent may also be the beneficiary, provided that they meet the membership requirements.
The right to be a beneficiary of this grant will not be limited by the mutual society member's administrative situation.
The requirements which the beneficiary must meet are as follows:
- Be registered, or in an equivalent situation, with the Mutual society on the date of the event which gives rise to their right to receive the grant.
- Be able to prove six months of contributions to the Mutual society.
- Have taken the period of leave set out in article 49 of Legislative Royal Decree 5/2015 of 30 October, through which the Legislative Law of the Civil Servant Basic Statute's (EBEP) Act was approved.
The amount of the grant for multiple childbirth will be 100% of the contribution base amount of the member's contributions to the General Mutual Society on the day of the event giving rise to the right to receive the grant, applied to the compulsory six-weeks leave period and calculated according to the number of children born together in the same childbirth or adopted or fostered simultaneously, starting from the second child. i.e. (Contribution base amount on the day of the event X 42 days / 365 days) X (No. of simultaneous children - 1)
In accordance with Royal Decree 1079/2017 of 29 December, regarding the revaluation of ex-civil servant pensions, pensions of the Social Security system and other public social welfare benefits for 2018.
Five years after the date of the childbirth, or the date of the court decision through which the adoption arrangement is established, or the date of the administrative or court decision of the fostering arrangement, or, in the case of a simple fostering arrangement, the date of the communication issued by the regional competent body.
- MUFACE provincial service centres or representative offices, or at any of the registries listed in Article 16 of Act 39/2015 of 1 October, regarding the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations.
- This request can also be sent to MUFACE via the Common Electronic Record (CER) of the General State Administration. To do this, you must have a valid Electronic DNI (Electronic Spanish ID) or digital certificate.
The rest of the social welfare benefits to which MUFACE members have access are as follows:
- Lump-sum payment for childbirth
- Sick leave and maternity leave certificates
- Work-related accident in active service
- Aids for glasses
- Benefits for temporary stays in assisted living homes and in day and night care centres
- Social care for the elderly and/or dependent
- Benefits for cancer patients
- Support benefits
- Subsidy for risk during pregnancy
- Chiropody services
- Help for drug addicts
- Help for caring for psychiatric patients
- Extension allowances for previous benefits
- Permanent non-disabling injury
- Leave of absence for childcare
- Retirement benefit
- Burial assistance
- Permanent disability benefit due to severe disability
- Temporary disability benefit
- Social welfare
- Risk during breastfeeding
- Child benefits
- Death subsidy
- Benefits for celiacs
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Quiero cuidarme Más
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Club Salud y Bienestar
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives