Change of entity
The change of entity can be carried out ordinarily in January and June or outside the ordinary period.
We will address the ordinary and extraordinary changes and the procedure followed to change Entity
Carried out in January and June. During these months, the mutual society members and beneficiaries with a document equivalent to the Registration document and adhered to the INSS (Spanish Public Health System) or the Healthcare insurance entities, can request a change of Entity once in each ordinary period of change.
In each ordinary period, only one change is valid and those holders that do not request a change will continue adhered to the same Entity that they were adhered to at 31 December or, where applicable, 31 May of each year.
A change outside the ordinary period and an extraordinary change to the INSS are possible
Change outside the ordinary period
A change of Healthcare insurance entity or adherence to the Public Health System can be authorised outside the ordinary period:
- When the active mutual society member changes destination including a transfer to another province or island.
- When maintaining the destination, the mutual society member changes his residence to another province or island.
- When there is a change of address, involving a change of province or island of residence, and it is a retired mutual society member beneficiary that is in this situation due to death, separation, divorce or nullity of the mutual society member's marriage and has a document equivalent to registration issued by MUFACE. This right can be exercised only once each year.
- When the mutual society member obtains the conformity in writing from the affected Entities. This case includes the change to any insurance entity from the public health service, but not the opposite, which is regulated in subsection 2.2 below.
- When the mutual society member is included in the group protected by the Agreement in Spain after his right to protection by the Healthcare Agreement for mutual society members stationed and/or residing abroad expires, provided that this expiration is not linked to losing his status as mutual society member.
- When, due to objective circumstances that justify the change of several members affected by a same healthcare problem, the Directorate General of MUFACE agrees to open a special period for selecting Entities, including, where appropriate, the INSS.
Extraordinary change to the INSS.
When the mutual society member requests it for reasons of medical-hospital care and is approved by a joint committee formed by MUFACE and the Social Security. In this case, together with the application, the mutual society member must provide a medical report that specifies the diagnosis of the pathology suffered by him or any of his beneficiaries and the reasons that advise the treatment at a Public Healthcare Centre. In addition, it must expressly include that he assumes the obligation of remaining two years adhered to the INSS if the change is granted.
To change Entity, the mutual society member must present, together with his application, his Membership Document or, where applicable, as similar document to the Membership Document, to be substituted in his Provincial Service or the closest MUFACE office.
Using the means of access provided by the Cl@ve platform (link is external) (digital certificate, electronic Spanish ID number, permanent keys and Cl@ve (link sends e-mail) PIN) and via MUFACE's e-Office (link is external) you can make ordinary changes between Private Healthcare Insurance Entities, as well as to the Spanish Public Health System, in order to receive healthcare through the Public Healthcare Services of your Autonomous Community of residence.
Members must understand the following general contents relating to the insurance for civil servants:
- Financial budget
- Family benefits
- Agreement between MUFACE and Paradores
- Permanent disability: application form
- Retirement forms
- Declaration of economic aids
- Application for severe disability benefit
- Psychiatric report
- Service Charter
- Emergency care in the Social Security or insurer
- Pension rights: Obtaining the contribution
- Risk during pregnancy and risk during breastfeeding
- Health insurance companies
- Certificate of entitlement
- Changing your address in your employment history
- MUFACE Agreement
- Social Security for State Civil Servants Act
- Maternity leave
- Assisted reproduction techniques
- General regulation on administrative mutualism
- Calculating civil service pensions
- Judicial General Mutuality membership document
- Voluntary leave of civil servants
- What is MUFACE?
- Electronic prescriptions for all mutual society members
- MUFACE medical report
- Compulsory and voluntary mutual society members
- The MUFACE website
- Download the application forms
- Temporary disability
- Receipt template
- Request a prescription book online
- How to consult the employment history of MUFACE mutual society members
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Health and Well-being Club
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives