Health insurance companies
MUFACE has a signed an agreement with medical organisations to guarantee the healthcare of mutual society members
The General State Civil Servant Mutual Society (MUFACE) has signed an agreement with various medical organisations to guarantee the healthcare of its mutual society members. The current healthcare agreement with insurers is valid for 2018 and 2019.
The purpose of the 2018 and 2019 healthcare agreement is two-fold. On the one hand, it is expected to guarantee the sustainability of the MUFACE model. On the other, it will offer mutual society members better quality healthcare.
We will discuss the following points:
- Agreement signed between MUFACE and insurers
- Novelties of the MUFACE healthcare agreement
- New benefits of the agreement with healthcare organisations
The current MUFACE healthcare agreement has been signed by the following insurance companies:
- DKV Seguros
- Igualatorio de Cantabria
- Segurcaixa Adeslas
The current healthcare agreement between MUFACE and health insurers is valid for 2018 and 2019.
The healthcare agreement signed by MUFACE for 2018 and 2019 has a series of advantages:
- January and June are established as periods for the ordinary change of healthcare company.
- Extension of Level III specialist care: The level of specialist healthcare that includes provincial capitals, Ceuta, Melilla and important towns, is expanded to Talavera, Alcalá de Henares, Torrejón de Ardoz, Alcorcón, Fuenlabrada, Móstoles, Gandía, Oliva, Lorca, Mérida, Almendralejo, Jerez de la Frontera and El Puerto de Santa María.
- Better healthcare for smaller islands: The island of Gomera is now Level I. In addition, travel expenses are now covered between Level I and II islands to Level III and IV islands for specialist healthcare.
- Robotic surgery and intraoperative radiotherapy: These techniques have been included as reference services with the aim of achieving faster recovery.
- Coordination with 112: The concept of vital risk will be determined according to the symptoms assessed when they occur, and not those observed when the patient reaches the health centre. To avoid extra cost for emergency hospital care for mutual society members, MUFACE aims to boost collaboration with the health services in the Autonomous Communities so that patients are sent to private mutual society centres.
- Electronic prescriptions: The implementation is being promoted as part of the MUFACE Promotional Plan.
- Protecting the elderly: The purpose of this aspect of the healthcare agreement is so that insurers do not cause risk for people older than 65 years because of their age.
- Additional healthcare services: The healthcare agreement encourages health insurance companies to offer more than just compulsory services. These improvements can be healthcare-related (oral health) or technological (telemedicine applications).
- The transfer of risks is prohibited: The 2018 and 2019 MUFACE healthcare agreement bans insurance companies transferring members to other insurers with more expensive treatments.
- It is forbidden to treat someone differently because they are a mutual society member: Ban on MUFACE mutual society members receiving different treatment to that of privately insured people. Although it is permitted to have a different medical team.
All these novelties are aimed at providing better healthcare for MUFACE mutual society members.
The 2018 and 2019 MUFACE healthcare agreement has a series of new aspects relating to benefits:
- Maternity: The care period for newborns is extended up to discharge. Operations and any medical treatment the baby needs are included.
- Palliative care: Strengthening of the palliative care support the patient receives at home.
- Dental care for children: The cover is extended to the costs of orthodontic treatment needed by children aged between 6 and 15 for severe malocclusions.
- Ophthalmology: Treatment with autologous serum is included.
- Dialysis, oncology, and psychiatry: Continued care for dialysis, oncology, and psychiatric treatment is expanded. Is expected that the patient will be able to receive these treatments even if the centre is not part of the agreement.
- Vaccination: At-risk groups will be given those vaccinations that are included in the calendar and the provision of which, in the National Health service (SNS), is exclusive of pharmaceutical services or authorised healthcare centres.
This improvement in healthcare cover is aimed at extending the medical care of MUFACE cover. Discover everything that is new in the MUFACE healthcare agreement for 2018 and 2019.
Members must understand the following general contents relating to the insurance for civil servants:
- Financial budget
- Family benefits
- Agreement between MUFACE and Paradores
- Permanent disability: application form
- Retirement forms
- Declaration of economic aids
- Application for severe disability benefit
- Change of entity
- Psychiatric report
- Service Charter
- Emergency care in the Social Security or insurer
- Pension rights: Obtaining the contribution
- Risk during pregnancy and risk during breastfeeding
- Certificate of entitlement
- Changing your address in your employment history
- MUFACE Agreement
- Social Security for State Civil Servants Act
- Maternity leave
- Assisted reproduction techniques
- General regulation on administrative mutualism
- Calculating civil service pensions
- Judicial General Mutuality membership document
- Voluntary leave of civil servants
- What is MUFACE?
- Electronic prescriptions for all mutual society members
- MUFACE medical report
- Compulsory and voluntary mutual society members
- The MUFACE website
- Download the application forms
- Temporary disability
- Receipt template
- Request a prescription book online
- How to consult the employment history of MUFACE mutual society members
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Quiero cuidarme Más
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Club Salud y Bienestar
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives