Request this so you can access the medicines covered by the public health service
The prescription book allows MUFACE mutual society members to access the medicines covered by the Social Security. The prescription of medicines is a provision within the healthcare of the mutual society.
You can request a MUFACE presciption book in several different ways:
- e-Office: The MUFACE e-Office is the best way of requesting a prescription book via the internet. There are three ways you can access the MUFACE e-Office:
- DNIe (electronic ID card) or electronic certificate: This procedure for requesting prescription books requires no prior registration. This also enables the MUFACE mutual society member to choose where the prescription book requested on the internet is to be sent.
- Prior registration: The MUFACE member must add their membership information. The user name will be the holder's ID number (DNI or NIE), or passport number. With this option, it is also possible to select the mailing address of the prescription book.
- Without prior registration or electronic certificate: The identification for requesting the prescription book is the ID number (DNI or NIE), or passport number and postcode of the MUFACE holder's residence. It will be sent to the address that appears in the MUFACE database.
- Mobile app: This is an online procedure for requesting prescription books that requires prior registration. The MUFACE mutual society member will have to use their ID number (DNI or NIE) as their user name. They will be able to choose the mailing address of the prescription book.
- MUFACE branch: The mutual society member will be able to request a prescription book in person or via post, fax or email. In the first scenario, they must present their national ID card. If the request for a prescription book is not made by the holder, they must provide an authorisation with the name, surnames, ID number, and number of the latest prescription book. In both cases, the corresponding form model must be attached.
As a general rule, you will only be able to request one prescription book. In cases of large families and chronic diseases, it will be possible to deliver two prescription books after receiving a medical report indicating the suitability of this action.
In the event of being away from their usual address, the MUFACE mutual society member can request that the prescription book is sent to another address via the e-Office of the mutual society or by sending the new delivery address by post, fax or email.
Only blue or grey prescription books are valid. They are 22 cm by 12 cm in size. At the bottom they have an alphanumeric code that begins with the letter Y followed by 11 numbers.
If a doctor completes a prescription for a member that is not accepted by a pharmacy, they must redo the prescription in a valid book. The MUFACE mutual society member must deliver the invalid prescription book to the nearest provincial service or representative office so that it can be destroyed.
The rest of the healthcare benefits to which MUFACE members have access are as follows:
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Health and Well-being Club
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives