Benefits for coeliacs
The purpose of the benefits for coeliacs is to fund the purchase of processed, treated or prepared foods that meet the specific needs of coeliac patients.
On 10 July 2018, a MUFACE ruling announced the granting of social-healthcare protection benefits for 2018, establishing in subsection 1.5 a programme of benefits aimed at funding the purchase of processed, treated or prepared foods to meet the specific needs of celiac patients.
With respect to benefits for coeliacs, we will see:
- Amount of the benefits
- Request and documentation
- Resolution and payment
- Incompatibility with other MUFACE benefits
Beneficiaries must meet the following requirements:
- a) Be MUFACE mutual society members or beneficiaries and registered or in an equivalent position
b) Have the corresponding coeliac disease, duly certified, without age limit.
The benefits will be annual and based on the monthly financial circumstances of the beneficiary of the benefit, calculated according to the rules of subsection 2.10 of Muface's Resolution of 10 July 2018 and including income amounts established in subsection 2.11.2 of this announcement resolution and according to the IPREM amount for the year 2016.
The annual amount of the benefit will be set according to the following scale:
Financial capacity according to the IPREM amount
Maximum annual benefit
Lower than the IPREM
Between one or two times the IPREM
Between two and three times the IPREM
Between three and four times the IPREM
When the financial capacity is four times higher than the IPREM, no benefit will be granted.
If the mutual society member or beneficiary is so during part of the year 2018, the annual nature of the benefit involves that the amount of the benefit will be applied on a pro rata basis to the corresponding days. Likewise, the pro rata basis will also be applied if the initial disease diagnosis date is after 1 January 2018.
In addition to the documentation required in subsection 2.9 of the common rules, the interested party must provide the following documentation accompanied by the application:
- a) A report from the authorised practitioner, Graduate or Doctor in Medicine or Surgery with specialist qualification, that certifies the coeliac disease suffered by the beneficiary, except if provided in previous announcements.
- b) Documentation justifying the level of income in accordance with subsection 2.11 of this announcement resolution.
The benefits of this programme are incompatible with:
- a) The benefit for assisted living in the programme of extension of effects, according to section 9 of the current announcement resolution
- b) The benefits of the programme for the healthcare of psychiatric patients in the event of absolute hospitalisation
- c) The modality of assisted living of the programme of temporary stays in specific centres in the amount proportional to the period of temporary stay.
The rest of the social welfare benefits to which MUFACE members have access are as follows:
- Lump-sum payment for childbirth
- Sick leave and maternity leave certificates
- Work-related accident in active service
- Aids for glasses
- Benefits for temporary stays in assisted living homes and in day and night care centres
- Social care for the elderly and/or dependent
- Benefits for cancer patients
- Support benefits
- Subsidy for risk during pregnancy
- Chiropody services
- Help for drug addicts
- Help for caring for psychiatric patients
- Extension allowances for previous benefits
- Permanent non-disabling injury
- Leave of absence for childcare
- Retirement benefit
- Burial assistance
- Permanent disability benefit due to severe disability
- Temporary disability benefit
- Social welfare
- Risk during breastfeeding
- Special assistance for multiple childbirth
- Child benefits
- Death subsidy
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Quiero cuidarme Más
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Club Salud y Bienestar
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives