Single payment economic benefit received by a mutual society member on the date of their forced retirement due to age or permanent incapacity for work
When mutual society members who are registered in the social security system reach the age of mandatory retirement or are forced to retire due to permanent incapacity for work, they have the right to receive a benefit equal to half of their ordinary monthly pay (received as a single payment). This is one of the social benefits of the MUFACE healthcare system which all includes insurance for civil servants.
Let's take a closer look at the following aspects of the retirement benefit:
- Requirements to receive the benefit
- Term and place of application
- Documentation to be presented
Regulated by Article 131 of the General Regulation of Administrative Mutualism, this retirement benefit is paid by the General Mutual Insurance Company to mutual society members who are forced to retired due to age or permanent incapacity for work, and who are in one of the following situations at the time:
- Compulsory registration in the General Mutual Insurance Company due to being in active service, obtaining or regaining the status of civil servant, or being reinstated into active service.
- One of the following situations:
- special services
- services in autonomous communities
- waiting position
- mandatory leave
- leave of absence for care of family members
- provisional or definitive suspension of duties
In accordance with the second article of the Order of the Minister for Public Administrations, of 30 December 1988, which revises the amounts of the specific economic benefits of the General Spanish Civil Service Mutual Insurance Company (MUFACE), “The multiplier coefficient that must be applied to the basic computable payments to obtain the retirement benefit, provided for in Article 131 of the General Regulation of Administrative Mutualism, approved by Royal Decree 375/2003, of 28 March, is set at 0.5".
Therefore, the amount of the retirement benefit equates to a single payment of half of the basic monthly salary of the civil servant at the time of their retirement, for triggering events that have taken place since 1 January 2013.
The beneficiary is any mutual society member forced to retire due to age or permanent incapacity for service, and who is registered in the social security system or holds an equivalent status.
By order of the Minister for Public Administration, the scope of the triggering events for retirement may be expanded, and other possible services and support benefits for pensioners may be established (Article 131.3)
The term is: five next years starting from the date of retirement.
Place of presentation:
- MUFACE Provincial Services or Representative Offices, or in any of the registers provided for in Article 16 of Law 39/2015, of 1 October, on Common Administrative Procedures of Public Administrations.
- Alternatively, you can submit your application to MUFACE via the Electronic Common Administrative Registry (REC) of the Public Administration. To do this, you must have a valid Electronic DNI (Electronic Spanish ID) or digital certificate.
- Application form
- Model 145 - Communication of details to the payer (if you fail to communicate any personal information, or changes to the personal information, to the payer, the corresponding withholding will be applied without taking into account these circumstances. Article 88.2 of the Personal Income Tax Act)
The rest of the social welfare benefits to which MUFACE members have access are as follows:
- Lump-sum payment for childbirth
- Sick leave and maternity leave certificates
- Work-related accident in active service
- Aids for glasses
- Benefits for temporary stays in assisted living homes and in day and night care centres
- Social care for the elderly and/or dependent
- Benefits for cancer patients
- Support benefits
- Subsidy for risk during pregnancy
- Chiropody services
- Help for drug addicts
- Help for caring for psychiatric patients
- Extension allowances for previous benefits
- Permanent non-disabling injury
- Leave of absence for childcare
- Burial assistance
- Permanent disability benefit due to severe disability
- Temporary disability benefit
- Social welfare
- Risk during breastfeeding
- Special assistance for multiple childbirth
- Child benefits
- Death subsidy
- Benefits for celiacs
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Health and Well-being Club
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives