Disabled child benefits
The member will receive a monthly amount for every child under their care with a disability
The disabled child benefit is one of the family benefits included within the MUFACE system, together with the healthcare for civil servants. This grant, in the form of a monthly payment, is received by those adhered to the MUFACE system who have a disabled child under their care. Below we will go over the following aspects of this benefit:
The amount allocated per child depends on the child's age, the degree of their disability and the extent to which they require another person's care. The amount of the benefit for 2018 has been set by Royal Decree 1079/2017 of 29 December, regarding the revaluation of ex-civil servant pensions, pensions of the Social Security system and other public social welfare benefits for 2018. This benefit comes in the following types and amounts:
- Type 1 (person under 18 years of age with a disability rate of 33% or over): €83.33/month.
- Type 2 (person over 18 years of age with a disability rate of 65% or over): €369.90/month.
- Type 3 (person over 18 years of age with a disability rate of 75% or over and the need for an additional carer): €554.90/month.
This benefit is available to civil servants who are members of MUFACE and have a child under their care who qualifies for disability benefits. Members who are in a position equivalent to being registered are also eligible to receive these benefits.
The child with a disability must be registered in the MUFACE collective. As an exception, this does not apply to those in work or those who receive a benefit or financial subsidy which results in them falling within the General Social Security System. Benefits may not exceed 100% of the Minimum Wage on an annual basis, which in 2018 amounts to 10,302.60 euros/year (735.90 euros/month).
MUFACE members may file applications to receive the disabled child benefit all year-round. They must prove that, at the time of their application, the circumstances that led to their child being considered disabled remain in place.
MUFACE's members can file the disabled child application form in several places:
- MUFACE provincial service centres or representative offices.
- Any of the registries listed in article 16 of Act 39/2015 regarding the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations
- Electronic Common Administrative Registry (REC) of the Public Administration. In this case, the MUFACE member must have a valid electronic ID or electronic certificate.
The disabled child benefit available to MUFACE members is subject to specific regulation. The legal regime to which it is subject can be found in article 29 of the State Civil Servants Social Security Act and in article 119 et seq. of the General Regulation of Mutual Societies of the Administrations.
The rest of the social welfare benefits to which MUFACE members have access are as follows:
- Lump-sum payment for childbirth
- Sick leave and maternity leave certificates
- Work-related accident in active service
- Aids for glasses
- Benefits for temporary stays in assisted living homes and in day and night care centres
- Social care for the elderly and/or dependent
- Benefits for cancer patients
- Support benefits
- Subsidy for risk during pregnancy
- Chiropody services
- Help for drug addicts
- Help for caring for psychiatric patients
- Extension allowances for previous benefits
- Permanent non-disabling injury
- Leave of absence for childcare
- Retirement benefit
- Burial assistance
- Permanent disability benefit due to severe disability
- Temporary disability benefit
- Social welfare
- Risk during breastfeeding
- Special assistance for multiple childbirth
- Death subsidy
- Benefits for celiacs
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Quiero cuidarme Más
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Club Salud y Bienestar
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives