Emergency care in the Social Security or insurer
A mutual society member will need to go to accident and emergency if they need immediate medical care. In DKV, this is requested by calling the freephone number 900 300 799
When immediate medical or nursing care is needed by a civil servant of the Civil Administration or a beneficiary, MUFACE emergency care, also known as Social Security Accident and Emergency, becomes meaningful.
With respect to MUFACE emergencies, we will look at:
- Immediate medical and nursing care
- Emergency care in DKV
- Payment of costs when using means not arranged with your Organisation
MUFACE provides healthcare to mutual society members and their beneficiaries, in addition to emergency care, via Agreements signed with the Public Health System and with Health Insurance Companies.
These agreements stipulate the rights and obligations of the parties, as well as the modalities, terms and conditions of the healthcare services offered to beneficiaries.
Emergency care is included within the provision of MUFACE private healthcare in Spain.
It is what is provided to the patient when their clinical situation makes immediate medical care necessary. It can be provided in health centres, but also outside these, including at the patient's home, and is available 24 hours a day every day of the year, through medical and nursing care as well as with the collaboration of other professionals.
In the event of needing Emergency Healthcare you must call the emergency phone number that is shown on the Health Card issued by the Organisation to which you are assigned.
In DKV, urgent or emergency healthcare is requested by calling the freephone number 900 300 799 that is shown on your MEDICARD and on the website www.dkvseguros.com/mutualistas. We recommend that you write this number down, for example in your telephone directory or a visible, known place, so that you can find it easily if necessary, as well as telling it to your beneficiaries who may need to use it.
The Emergency Coordinating Centre guarantees the accessibility and coordination of all available means for this type of care 24 hours a day, every day of the year, and throughout the whole of Spain. It also provides information on the ways you may require urgent assistance: primary care and specialist emergency services, or directly from general practice doctors, paediatricians, and nurses inside their consulting hours.
Beneficiaries that need Urgent Care must go to the Emergency Services that are listed in their Organisation's Catalogue of Services. Therefore, those which, through their own choice or that of their family members, use means not arranged with their Organisation, must pay, without entitlement to reimbursement of the costs that may be incurred, except for the cases and the requirements established in the Agreement for vital urgent care.
Members must understand the following general contents relating to the insurance for civil servants:
- Financial budget
- Family benefits
- Agreement between MUFACE and Paradores
- Permanent disability: application form
- Retirement forms
- Declaration of economic aids
- Application for severe disability benefit
- Change of entity
- Psychiatric report
- Service Charter
- Pension rights: Obtaining the contribution
- Risk during pregnancy and risk during breastfeeding
- Health insurance companies
- Certificate of entitlement
- Changing your address in your employment history
- MUFACE Agreement
- Social Security for State Civil Servants Act
- Maternity leave
- Assisted reproduction techniques
- General regulation on administrative mutualism
- Calculating civil service pensions
- Judicial General Mutuality membership document
- Voluntary leave of civil servants
- What is MUFACE?
- Electronic prescriptions for all mutual society members
- MUFACE medical report
- Compulsory and voluntary mutual society members
- The MUFACE website
- Download the application forms
- Temporary disability
- Receipt template
- Request a prescription book online
- How to consult the employment history of MUFACE mutual society members
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Health and Well-being Club
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives