Permanent disability due to severe disablement
Monthly economic benefit equating to 50% of the civil servant pension
This benefit is granted for the following circumstances: total loss of vision, loss of upper or lower limbs, or a loss that requires assistance by another person to carry out everyday basic acts. This is a social benefit that, together with the health insurance for civil servantsforms part of the MUFACE healthcare system.
We will address the following topics related to severe disablement:
- Situations that entitle a person to receive the severe disablement benefit
- Amount of the severe disablement benefit
- Term of presentation
- Place of presentation
- Statement and review of the severe disablement
These situations are detailed in Article 104 of the Administrative Mutual Society Regulations
Severe disablement is a situation in which a mutual society member who has retired due to permanent disability is affected by one of the following circumstances:
- a) The total loss of vision in both eyes
b) The partial or total atomical or functional loss of the two upper or lower limbs, with the feet and hands being considered as essential pairs.
c) Any other anatomical or functional loss that brings about the need for a mutual society member to be assisted by another person to carry out the most basic everyday acts, such as getting dressed, getting around, eating, etc.
A mutual society member declared to have a severe disablement will be eligible to receive a monthly economic benefit, including two special payments per year, paid by the General Mutual Insurance Company, for the intended purpose of paying the person in charge of their care, equating to 50% of their corresponding retirement pension based on the total amount received through the State Civil Service Pension Scheme at any time. Any mutual society member who is not entitled to receive a pension for permanent disability under the State Civil Service Pension Scheme, yet meets the other requirements, must prove that they have made previous contributions for at least 9 years, in order to be entitled to be declared as having a severe disablement and to receive the corresponding benefit.
This benefit can be requested at any time provided that the applicant can prove that the triggering event of the severe disablement had already occurred before the date of forced retirement.
However, the application will be subject to the regulations related to benefit payment stipulated in Article 107 of the Administrative Mutual Society Regulations.
The following options exist:
- In MUFACE Provincial Services or Representative Offices, or through any of the registers provided for in Article 16 of Act 39/2015, of 1 October, on the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations.
- Alternatively, you can present the application to MUFACE via the Electronic Common Administrative Registry (REC) of the General State Administration. To do this, you must have a valid Electronic DNI (Electronic Spanish ID) or digital certificate.
If the triggering event of the severe disablement coincides with the moment of the retirement of a civil servant due to permanent disability for service, the declaration of severe disablement will be adapted to the age limit requirements taken into account to declare the aforementioned retirement.
If the severe disablement occurs unexpectedly after the date of retirement due to permanent disability for service, the declaration can be made at any time before a mutual society member reaches the legally established age for forced retirement for civil servants in their Body, Category or Position, or during the remaining time of the active service extension granted to a mutual society member in accordance with Article 28.2 a), second paragraph, of Royal Legislative Decree 670/1987 of 30 April, approving the Revised Text of the Law of Ex-Civil Servants.
The decisions issued for declarations and review of severe disablements will be reasoned and will indicate the deadline to present an appeal to modify the decision. The aforementioned time frame will be voided if the new procedure is based on anatomical or functional conditions that are different to those that brought about the previous decision, and also in the event of a diagnostic error.
The rest of the social welfare benefits to which MUFACE members have access are as follows:
- Lump-sum payment for childbirth
- Sick leave and maternity leave certificates
- Work-related accident in active service
- Aids for glasses
- Benefits for temporary stays in assisted living homes and in day and night care centres
- Social care for the elderly and/or dependent
- Benefits for cancer patients
- Support benefits
- Subsidy for risk during pregnancy
- Chiropody services
- Help for drug addicts
- Help for caring for psychiatric patients
- Extension allowances for previous benefits
- Permanent non-disabling injury
- Leave of absence for childcare
- Retirement benefit
- Burial assistance
- Temporary disability benefit
- Social welfare
- Risk during breastfeeding
- Special assistance for multiple childbirth
- Child benefits
- Death subsidy
- Benefits for celiacs
Our coverage sets us apart
DKV 24-hour doctor
Remote medical advice.
Quiero Cuidarme free app.
From your mobile through the private customer area.
Quiero cuidarme Más
Online medical video consultation app.
For mutual society members and their relatives.
DKV Club Salud y Bienestar
Discounts on healthcare services.
Exclusive offers for mutual society members and relatives